Saturday 29 September 2007

just a thought on Dn 7, 9-10; Jn, 47-51

"His clothing was snow bright . . ."

This rings a bell. It reminds me of the Transfiguration. My teacher in Pentateuch would always tell us to be aware of the themes that borrowed from somewhere else. Having read this passage from the book of Daniel made think of whether Transfigurations did really happen as such. And besides if Jesus told his disciples not to tell anyone, then how did the author knew about it.

"I saw under a fig tree. . ."

I think I remember soneone telling me that for a 1st century Jew, a person who sit under a fig tree is actually studying the scripture. I am not sure whether it has any significance on today's Gospel but one thing for sure this Jesus seing Nathanael under a fig tree appeared to be a special theme in this passage.

For me this passage is a confirmation that my present satisfaction of my faith is just a foretaste of a more satisfying thing lieas ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment