Tuesday 11 March 2008

I believe in the resurrection of the body

Resurrection of the body? How to understand this?

Book of Ezekiel 37,12-14.Therefore, prophesy and say to them: Thus says the Lord GOD: O my people, I will open your graves and have you rise from them, and bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and have you rise from them, O my people! I will put my spirit in you that you may live, and I will settle you upon your land; thus you shall know that I am the LORD. I have promised, and I will do it, says the LORD.

The above pericope is the basis for this belief.

There were times in the past when dead are burried standing up.

There were times in the past when cremation is not allowed in the Catholic Church.

All have something to do with the resurrection of the body.

The empty tomb is another basis.

While I believe in the resurrection, it doesn't really matter whether my body would be the same or not. One thing for sure, it's a perfect body.

No comments:

Post a Comment