Wednesday 16 July 2008

Thanks, Mother

Mothers are not perfect but they know best. Children got the impression that there’s nothing their mother can not do for them. This is exactly what I thought of my mother way back some thirty odd years ago.

There were times when I got frustrated because mothers are after all humans. Yet still they know best. You don’t have to be perfect to know what is best. Relative to others ideas mothers are always the best.

We are seven siblings in the family. My mother, a university graduate had to make a big sacrifice not to get a full time job in favour of being a full time mum. It was not an easy task. There were ups and downs but in the end we all end up successful in out own respective careers. Thanks to our mother who knew what is best for us.

There times of frustrations but as long as the mother intention are pure and sincere, she may not be able to solve all the problems that we encountered but in the end we had managed to weather the down side and up-hills of our lives.

My only regret is that during those times when my mother had to stay home and work full time as mother at 24/7 she was not able to find ways to make some descent means of earning, i.e. something that could have given her a sense of being productive and not being put all her university learning in her hidden cabinet.

Perhaps if interned had existed before, she could have earned some and maybe lots by monetising her blog.

I could never be where I am now without the support of my mother. Thanks a lot, mom.

1 comment:

  1. Kumusta sayo. Napakagandang tribute sa iyong Nanay.

    God bless and take care,
    Marino

    ReplyDelete